For experienced profile
General discussion on career so far.
- Difference between process and thread
- Given a long string and a small pattern, find whether any permutation of the pattern in present in the string (Working Code and a dry run expected, not pseudocode). Find the space and time complexity.
- Toughest technical challenge faced in career so far
- Given an array of integers, write pseudocode to find the smallest non-negative integer not present in the array (can use additional space)
- Consider a n*n grid. Suppose each cell in the grid has a value assigned. We can go from each cell in row i to a diagonally higher cell in row i+1 only [i.e from cell(i,j) to cell(i+1, j-1) and cell(i+1, j+1) only] . Write a pseudocode to find a path from bottom row to top row such that the maximum value is obtained.
Similar Question : GeeksforGeeks Link
- Suppose you have a binary tree. What is the best way to serialize and send this information such that the receiver can construct the tree correctly. Code not asked.
Solution : GeeksforGeeks Link
- Given a n*n grid where most cells are cubicles and m cells (m << n^2) are pantries. There can be walls between two cubicles through which we cannot have a path. Given the locations of walls and pantries, for a given cubicle find the nearest pantry. Working code expected.
- Interviewer interrupted purposefully while coding Q2 and asked 2 rapid questions
- time complexity to find 10th largest number in a heap
- time complexity to find 10th largest number in an array
Open ended questions:
- Consider twitter. The requirement is to show the top 10 trending hashtags at a given time. How will you analyze/store the twitter feed to show this data.
- Design an elevator system for a building where number of elevators can be increased later.
Hiring manager round:
- Write a C function that takes a string and delimiter as input, splits the string based on the delimiter and returns a list of resulting sub strings.
- OS question – Suppose the current program running has an infinite loop, can you run another program.
Overall experience : Very quick process. The interview took place in their office and was finished in around 5 hours.
- Interview with Microsoft O365 team- Bangalore
- MakeMyTrip Flights Team Bangalore
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 74 (For Software Engineer in IT Team)
- Microsoft Interview Experience for Azure Team Hyderabad
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 132 (Software Engineer for Bing Team)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 90 (Software Engineer role in Bing Team)
- Interview with Microsoft (office 365 Hyderabad team) at their Bengaluru office.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 152 (Kindle Team SDE-1 )
- Nvidia Interview | Set 2 (On Campus for R & D Team, Pune)
- Interview Experience with Sandisk for SD Card team (C Programming)
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for Portal Team)
- Google Interview Experience | Set 1 (for Technical Operations Specialist [Tools Team] Adwords, Hyderabad, India)
- HP R&D Interview Experience | Set 3 (R&D Lab Bangalore)
- HP R&D Interview Experience | Set 4 (R&D Lab Bangalore)
- TCS NQT Interview on 4th July in Bangalore
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.