Microsoft Azure – Find and Delete Orphaned Public IP addresses in Azure Portal
Finding and Deleting un-used Public IP addresses will be a cost optimization solution. By deleting un-used/un-associated/unattached Public IP addresses helps in saving the cost.
In this article, we will look into the process of finding and Finding, and Deleting un-used Public IP addresses in the Azure portal.
Follow the below steps to Find and Delete Orphaned Public IP addresses in Azure Portal
Step 1: Log in to Azure Portal.
Step 2: Search for Public IP addresses and select
Step 3: Now, from filters >> click on +Add filter option and select the following
- Filter: Select “Associated to” from the drop-down.
- Operator : Select “==” from the drop-down.
- Value: Select “-” from the dropdown. If you don’t find “-” then your selected subscriptions/resource groups do not have any un-associated/unattached Public IP addresses.
- Then, Click on Apply
Note: (Value “-” represents that those IP’s were not attached/associated)
- Refer to the below Screenshot:
- After clicking on Apply the following filter option looks like the following:
Step 4: After filtering, you will be getting the list of un-associated/unattached Public IP addresses. From that, you can choose all or select to delete.
- First, select the Public IP from which you want to delete.
- Pre-Check before deleting the IP. From the image, you can see that Dissociate was disabled (This represents that, selected IP is not attached to any of the resources). So, you are good to delete the Public IP.
- Another Pre-check: From Essentials, you can check Associated value.
- If Associated to: –, then you are good to delete the select Public IP. (Refer to below Screenshot)
Step 5: After verifying the pre-checks you can click on “Delete” >> click on “Yes” to proceed
Step 6: Once done, you can verify the deletion by clicking on the Notification button.
That’s it you are done.
Please Login to comment...