Role: Post Graduate Engineer Trainee(May, 2021)
Branch: M. Tech CSE
Four rounds were there, Online test and three interviews, namely, technical, managerial, and HR.
Round 1(Online Test): MCQs for aptitude, technical, and English. And two basic coding questions.
Round 2(Technical Round): Time: 30-35 min. Very basic questions were asked, like: Give a short introduction. (technical intro, include projects)
- How can you add two numbers without using ‘+’ operator? (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/add-two-numbers-without-using-arithmetic-operators/)
- Printing ASCII value of a string/char. (use “%d” instead of “%c” or “%s”)
- SDLC models
- Difference between waterfall and v-model
- Agile model
- Difference between OS and Real-time OS. (RTOS provides a hard real-time response, providing a fast, highly deterministic reaction to external events )
- Logic for swapping columns of n*n matrix.
- Few other questions were from data structure, algo, oops properties, and python.
Round 3(Managerial Round): Time: 15-20 min. The Manager asked questions like: Give a short introduction. (technical + non-technical intro)
- Why are you in this field?
- Why are you doing M. Tech?
- Why CSE?
- What is your passion or field of interest? (this should be related to your branch or the post you are getting interviewed for)
- What have you learnt other than your course? (again, this should be related to your branch or the post you are getting interviewed for)
- B. Tech and M. Tech projects. How is it different and is it useful?
- What do you know about Mercedes-Benz?
- Why Mercedes-Benz?
- As a CS student how can you use your skills in the company?
For Q.7-9, visit company’s website, read about the company, get an idea about your profile
This was the hardest round. Your ability to handle the stress will be checked here. So, just keep calm and give answers peacefully. Do not get nervous or angry.
Round 4(HR Round): Time: 10 min
- Give a short introduction. (non-technical intro)
- Why didn’t you get placed yet? (I was placed in this company in May. I told that I only applied for 3-4 companies like, Qualcomm and Amazon, and I didn’t pass. I didn’t apply for startups since I want to start my career with a big company like yours 😉
- Why Mercedes-Benz?
This round felt like a formality.
- Go through the basics.
- Be confident and answer calmly.
- Be honest while answering managerial and HR questions.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.