Given a matrix, find the maximum sum we can have by selecting just one element from every row. Condition is element selected from nth row must be strictly greater than element from (n-1)th row, else no element must be taken from row. Print the sum if possible else print -1.
Input : 1 2 3 1 2 3 7 8 9 Output : 14 (2 + 3 + 9) (values we are adding are strictly increasing) Input : 4 2 3 3 2 1 1 2 2 Output : -1 (No subsequent increasing elements can be picked from consecutive rows)
Approach :- One can simply run the loop from last row, get the greatest element from there say it prev_max, and keep record for the minimum difference among the elements of the row just above it, if any element found with positive difference, then add it to prev_max else print -1. Continue the same process for every row.
- Sum of all maximum frequency elements in Matrix
- Maximum difference of sum of elements in two rows in a matrix
- Maximum product of 4 adjacent elements in matrix
- Finding the maximum square sub-matrix with all equal elements
- Program to print elements of a Matrix row-wise skipping alternate elements
- Minimum difference between adjacent elements of array which contain elements from each row of a matrix
- Find sum of all elements in a matrix except the elements in row and/or column of given cell?
- Maximum trace possible for any sub-matrix of the given matrix
- Move matrix elements in given direction and add elements with same value
- Program to swap upper diagonal elements with lower diagonal elements of matrix.
- Maximum XOR value in matrix
- Maximum path sum in matrix
- Find a sub matrix with maximum XOR
- Find row with maximum sum in a Matrix
- Maximum sum rectangle in a 2D matrix | DP-27
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m