Given three integers X, Y and Z which represent the number of coins to buy some items. The cost of items is given below:
|1||3 X coins|
|2||3 Y coins|
|3||3 Z coins|
|4||1 X coin + 1 Y coin + 1 Z coin|
The task is to find the maximum number of items that can be bought with the given number of coins.
Input: X = 4, Y = 5, Z = 6
Buy 1 item of type 1: X = 1, Y = 5, Z = 6
Buy 1 item of type 2: X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 6
Buy 2 items of type 3: X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 0
Total items bought = 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
Input: X = 6, Y = 7, Z = 9
Approach: The count of items of type1, type2 and type3 that can be bought will be X / 3, Y / 3 and Z / 3 respectively. Now, the number of coins will get reduced after buying these items as X = X % 3, Y = Y % 3 and Z = Z % 3. Since, buying the item of type 4 requires a coin from each of the type. So, the total items of type 4 that can be bought will be the minimum of X, Y and Z and the result will be the sum of these items which were bought from each of the type.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Maximum number of groups of size 3 containing two type of items
- Maximum number of candies that can be bought
- Program to find the count of coins of each type from the given ratio
- Maximum profit by selling N items at two markets
- Program to find the profit or loss when CP of N items is equal to SP of M items
- Probability of distributing M items among X bags such that first bag contains N items
- Check if given coins can be used to pay a value of S
- Probability of getting at least K heads in N tosses of Coins
- Find minimum number of coins that make a given value
- Minimum number of coins that can generate all the values in the given range
- Find out the minimum number of coins required to pay total amount
- Probability of getting two consecutive heads after choosing a random coin among two different types of coins
- Find the top K items with the highest value
- Minimum number of items to be delivered
- Count ways to distribute m items among n people
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.