Given a very large array of integers, find maximum within the array using multithreading.
Input : 1, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 30, 64, 110, 220 Output :Maximum Element is : 220 Input : 10, 50, 70, 100, 120, 140, 150, 180, 200, 220, 250, 270, 300, 640, 110, 220 Output : Maximum Element is : 640
Prerequisite : Multithreading
Note : Useful in large files of size MB/GB.
How to run :
It can only be run on linux envirenment.
>> gcc -pthread maximum.c >> ./a.out
Maximum Element is : 300
- Sum of an array using pthreads
- Sum and Product of minimum and maximum element of an Array
- Remove all occurrences of any element for maximum array sum
- Find maximum sum taking every Kth element in the array
- Maximum element in a sorted and rotated array
- Maximum possible middle element of the array after deleting exactly k elements
- Find the maximum element in an array which is first increasing and then decreasing
- Program to find the minimum (or maximum) element of an array
- Leftmost and rightmost indices of the maximum and the minimum element of an array
- Closest greater element for every array element from another array
- Odd Even Transposition Sort / Brick Sort using pthreads
- Find maximum element of each row in a matrix
- For each element in 1st array count elements less than or equal to it in 2nd array
- Maximum in an array that can make another array sorted
- Least frequent element in an array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet