Given a number N, the task is to find the maximum distance between two 1’s in the binary representation of given N. Print -1 if binary representation contains less than two 1’s.
Input: N = 131 Output: 6 131 in binary = 10000011. The maximum distance between two 1's = 6. Input: N = 8 Output: -1 8 in binary = 01000. It contains less than two 1's.
- First find the binary representation of N.
- For each bit calculated, check if its a ‘1’.
- Store the index of first ‘1’ found in first_1, and the last ‘1’ found in last_1
- Then check if the last_1 is less than or equal to first_1. It will be the case when N is a power of 2. Hence print -1 in this case.
- In any other case, find the difference between the last_1 and first_1. This will be the required distance.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
6 -1 3 4
- Maximum 0's between two immediate 1's in binary representation
- Maximum number of consecutive 1's in binary representation of all the array elements
- Find the occurrence of the given binary pattern in the binary representation of the array elements
- Binary representation of a given number
- XOR counts of 0s and 1s in binary representation
- Find value of k-th bit in binary representation
- Binary representation of next number
- 1 to n bit numbers with no consecutive 1s in binary representation
- Next greater number than N with exactly one bit different in binary representation of N
- Count numbers have all 1s together in binary representation
- 1 to n bit numbers with no consecutive 1s in binary representation.
- Largest number with binary representation is m 1's and m-1 0's
- Binary representation of previous number
- Decimal representation of given binary string is divisible by 5 or not
- Decimal representation of given binary string is divisible by 10 or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.