Given a number N, the task is to find the maximum distance between two 1’s in the binary representation of given N. Print -1 if binary representation contains less than two 1’s.
Input: N = 131 Output: 6 131 in binary = 10000011. The maximum distance between two 1's = 6. Input: N = 8 Output: -1 8 in binary = 01000. It contains less than two 1's.
- First find the binary representation of N.
- For each bit calculated, check if its a ‘1’.
- Store the index of first ‘1’ found in first_1, and the last ‘1’ found in last_1
- Then check if the last_1 is less than or equal to first_1. It will be the case when N is a power of 2. Hence print -1 in this case.
- In any other case, find the difference between the last_1 and first_1. This will be the required distance.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
6 -1 3 4
- Maximum 0's between two immediate 1's in binary representation
- Maximum number of consecutive 1's in binary representation of all the array elements
- Find the occurrence of the given binary pattern in the binary representation of the array elements
- Binary representation of a given number
- Binary representation of next number
- XOR counts of 0s and 1s in binary representation
- Find value of k-th bit in binary representation
- 1 to n bit numbers with no consecutive 1s in binary representation
- 1 to n bit numbers with no consecutive 1s in binary representation.
- Next greater number than N with exactly one bit different in binary representation of N
- Binary representation of previous number
- Largest number with binary representation is m 1's and m-1 0's
- Count numbers have all 1s together in binary representation
- Find the n-th number whose binary representation is a palindrome
- Occurrences of a pattern in binary representation of a number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.