Given a string str and an integer k. The task is to count the occurrences of sub-strings of length k that consist of the same characters. There can be multiple such sub-strings possible of length k, choose the count of the one which appears the maximum number of times as the sub-string (non-overlapping) of str.
Input: str = “aaacaabbaa”, k = 2
“aa” and “bb” are the only sub-strings of length 2 that consist of the same characters.
“bb” appears only once as a sub-string of str whereas “aa” appears thrice (which is the answer)
Input: str = “abab”, k = 2
Approach: Iterate over all the characters from ‘a’ to ‘z’ and count the number of times a string of length k consisting only of the current character appears as a sub-string of str. Print the maximum of these counts in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(n), where n is the length of the string.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count number of substrings of a string consisting of same characters
- Maximum length of subarray consisting of same type of element on both halves of sub-array
- Length of the smallest sub-string consisting of maximum distinct characters
- Count of substrings consisting only of vowels
- Count of substrings consisting of even number of vowels
- Count substrings with same first and last characters
- Recursive solution to count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count of substrings of a given Binary string with all characters same
- Count of Substrings with at least K pairwise Distinct Characters having same Frequency
- Lexicographically smallest permutation of a string that can be reduced to length K by removing K-length prefixes from palindromic substrings of length 2K
- Count binary strings of length same as given string after removal of substrings "01" and "00" that consists of at least one '1'
- Count substrings of same length differing by a single character from two given strings
- Count of substrings of length K with exactly K distinct characters
- Length of longest Palindromic Subsequence of even length with no two adjacent characters same
- Count of binary strings of given length consisting of at least one 1
- Count N-length strings consisting only of vowels sorted lexicographically
- Maximum length substring having all same characters after k changes
- Find number of substrings of length k whose sum of ASCII value of characters is divisible by k
- Calculate Sum of ratio of special characters to length of substrings of the given string
- Generate a string consisting of characters 'a' and 'b' that satisfy the given conditions
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.