Given a string str and an integer k. The task is to count the occurrences of sub-strings of length k that consist of the same characters. There can be multiple such sub-strings possible of length k, choose the count of the one which appears the maximum number of times as the sub-string (non-overlapping) of str.
Input: str = “aaacaabbaa”, k = 2
“aa” and “bb” are the only sub-strings of length 2 that consist of the same characters.
“bb” appears only once as a sub-string of str whereas “aa” appears thrice (which is the answer)
Input: str = “abab”, k = 2
Approach: Iterate over all the characters from ‘a’ to ‘z’ and count the number of times a string of length k consisting only of the current character appears as a sub-string of str. Print the maximum of these counts in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(n), where n is the length of the string.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Count number of substrings of a string consisting of same characters
- Length of the smallest sub-string consisting of maximum distinct characters
- Find number of substrings of length k whose sum of ASCII value of characters is divisible by k
- Count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count of all unique substrings with non-repeating characters
- Recursive solution to count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
- Count of Substrings that can be formed without using the given list of Characters
- Count number of substrings with exactly k distinct characters
- Count number of distinct substrings of a given length
- Count all Prime Length Palindromic Substrings
- Maximum length substring having all same characters after k changes
- Maximum length palindrome that can be created with characters in range L and R
- Generate a string consisting of characters 'a' and 'b' that satisfy the given conditions
- Maximum length of balanced string after swapping and removal of characters
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.