Given a string str and an integer k. The task is to count the occurrences of sub-strings of length k that consist of the same characters. There can be multiple such sub-strings possible of length k, choose the count of the one which appears the maximum number of times as the sub-string (non-overlapping) of str.
Input: str = “aaacaabbaa”, k = 2
“aa” and “bb” are the only sub-strings of length 2 that consist of the same characters.
“bb” appears only once as a sub-string of str whereas “aa” appears thrice (which is the answer)
Input: str = “abab”, k = 2
Approach: Iterate over all the characters from ‘a’ to ‘z’ and count the number of times a string of length k consisting only of the current character appears as a sub-string of str. Print the maximum of these counts in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(n), where n is the length of the string.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count number of substrings of a string consisting of same characters
- Maximum length of subarray consisting of same type of element on both halves of sub-array
- Length of the smallest sub-string consisting of maximum distinct characters
- Count of substrings consisting only of vowels
- Count of substrings consisting of even number of vowels
- Count substrings with same first and last characters
- Recursive solution to count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count of substrings of a given Binary string with all characters same
- Count of Substrings with at least K pairwise Distinct Characters having same Frequency
- Count of substrings of length K with exactly K distinct characters
- Length of longest Palindromic Subsequence of even length with no two adjacent characters same
- Count of binary strings of given length consisting of at least one 1
- Maximum length substring having all same characters after k changes
- Find number of substrings of length k whose sum of ASCII value of characters is divisible by k
- Calculate Sum of ratio of special characters to length of substrings of the given string
- Generate a string consisting of characters 'a' and 'b' that satisfy the given conditions
- Length of largest subsequence consisting of a pair of alternating digits
- Check whether two strings contain same characters in same order
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.