Given two integers A and B. The task is to find the count of maximum elements from the common divisors of A and B such that all selected elements are co-prime to one another.
Input: A = 12, B = 18
Common divisors of A and B are 1, 2, 3 and 6.
Select 1, 2, and 3. All the pairs are co primes to
one another i.e. gcd(1, 2) = gcd(1, 3) = gcd(2, 3) = 1.
Input: A = 1, B = 3
Approach: It can be observed that all the common factors of A and B must be a factor of their gcd. And, in order for the factors of this gcd to be co-prime to one another, one element of the pair must be either 1 or both the elements must be prime. So the answer will be 1 more than the count of prime divisors of gcd(A, B). Note that 1 is added because 1 can also be a part of the chosen divisors as its gcd with the other pairs will always be 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count divisors of n that have at-least one digit common with n
- Check if a number has an odd count of odd divisors and even count of even divisors
- Check if count of even divisors of N is equal to count of odd divisors
- Maximum count of pairwise co-prime and common divisors of two given numbers
- Maximum possible prime divisors that can exist in numbers having exactly N divisors
- Find sum of divisors of all the divisors of a natural number
- Count pairs in array such that one element is power of another
- Count pairs in array such that one element is reverse of another
- Check if a number is divisible by all prime divisors of another number
- Find sum of inverse of the divisors when sum of divisors and the number is given
- Break a number such that sum of maximum divisors of all parts is minimum
- Divisors of n-square that are not divisors of n
- Sum of common divisors of two numbers A and B
- Sum of all second largest divisors after splitting a number into one or more parts
- Common Divisors of Two Numbers
- Divide the two given numbers by their common divisors
- C++ Program for Common Divisors of Two Numbers
- Java Program for Common Divisors of Two Numbers
- Common divisors of N numbers
- Numbers in range [L, R] such that the count of their divisors is both even and prime
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.