Given a range [L, R], the task is to find a pair (X, Y), not necessarily distinct. Find the maximum possible value of the bitwise AND of the chosen integers.
Input: L = 3, R = 7
In all the possible pairs, pair (7, 7) gives the maximum value for bitwise AND.
Input: L = 54, R = 55
In all the possible pairs, pair (55, 55) gives the maximum value for bitwise AND.
Naive Approach: To solve the problem mentioned above the naive method is to iterate from L to R and check the bitwise AND for every possible pair and print the maximum value in the end.
Time Complexity: O(N2)
To optimize the above method we have to observe that here we have to integers L and R and we have to select two integers from the interval [L, R] so that their bitwise AND should be maximum. Bitwise AND of any two numbers between L and R will be always less than or equal to R only. So if we have to select two integers from the interval, we can choose the integers to be R and that’s the only way to maximize the bitwise AND.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Time Complexity: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Maximum Bitwise OR pair from a range
- Maximum Bitwise AND pair from given range
- Maximum possible Bitwise OR of the two numbers from the range [L, R]
- Maximum XOR value of a pair from a range
- Find pair with maximum GCD for integers in range 2 to N
- Find subsequences with maximum Bitwise AND and Bitwise OR
- Bitwise and (or &) of a range
- Bitwise OR (or | ) of a range
- Queries for bitwise OR in the index range [L, R] of the given array
- Queries for bitwise AND in the index range [L, R] of the given array
- Check if there is any pair in a given range with GCD is divisible by k
- Find a distinct pair (x, y) in given range such that x divides y
- Total pairs in an array such that the bitwise AND, bitwise OR and bitwise XOR of LSB is 1
- Maximum bitwise OR value of subsequence of length K
- Maximum steps to transform 0 to X with bitwise AND
- Maximum Bitwise AND value of subsequence of length K
- Maximum subset with bitwise OR equal to k
- Minimum integer with at most K bits set such that their bitwise AND with N is maximum
- Maximum value of Bitwise AND from root to leaf in a Binary tree
- Maximum AND value of a pair in an array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Amal Kumar Choubey