Given four sides of quadrilateral a, b, c, d, find the maximum area of the quadrilateral possible from the given sides .
Input : 1 2 1 2 Output : 2.00 It is optimal to construct a rectangle for maximum area .
According to Bretschneider’s formula, the area of a general quadilateral is given by
Here a, b, c, d are the sides of a quadilateral, s is the semiperimeter of a quadilateral and angles are two opposite angles.
So, this formula is maximized only when opposite angles sum to pi(180) then we can use a simplified form of Bretschneider’s formula to get the (maximum) area K.
This formula is called as Brahmagupta’s formula .
Below is the implementation of given approach
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Maximum area of triangle having different vertex colors
- Maximum area rectangle by picking four sides from array
- Maximum of smallest possible area that can get with exactly k cut of given rectangular
- Rectangle with Maximum Area using Java Pair
- Maximum area of rectangle possible with given perimeter
- Find maximum volume of a cuboid from the given perimeter and area
- Maximum area of a Rectangle that can be circumscribed about a given Rectangle of size LxW
- Area of a polygon with given n ordered vertices
- Check if right triangle possible from given area and hypotenuse
- Program to find area of a circle
- Program to find the area of a Square
- Minimum tiles of sizes in powers of two to cover whole area
- Area of a triangle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in an ellipse
- Program for Area And Perimeter Of Rectangle
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cube
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Area of a Circular Sector
- Calculate Volume and Surface area Of Sphere
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m