Given four sides of quadrilateral a, b, c, d, find the maximum area of the quadrilateral possible from the given sides .
Input : 1 2 1 2 Output : 2.00 It is optimal to construct a rectangle for maximum area .
According to Bretschneider’s formula, the area of a general quadilateral is given by
Here a, b, c, d are the sides of a quadilateral, s is the semiperimeter of a quadilateral and angles are two opposite angles.
So, this formula is maximized only when opposite angles sum to pi(180) then we can use a simplified form of Bretschneider’s formula to get the (maximum) area K.
This formula is called as Brahmagupta’s formula .
Below is the implementation of given approach
- Program to find the angles of a quadrilateral
- Maximum of smallest possible area that can get with exactly k cut of given rectangular
- Maximum area of rectangle possible with given perimeter
- Maximum area of triangle having different vertex colors
- Rectangle with Maximum Area using Java Pair
- Number of squares of maximum area in a rectangle
- Maximum area rectangle by picking four sides from array
- Find maximum volume of a cuboid from the given perimeter and area
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Area of a Hexagon
- Area of a Regular Pentagram
- Program for Area Of Square
- Area of plot remaining at the end
- Area of a Circular Sector
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m