Given two matrices A and B. The task is to multiply matrix A and matrix B recursively. If matrix A and matrix B are not multiplicative compatible, then generate output “Not Possible”.
Input: A = 12 56 45 78 B = 2 6 5 8 Output: 304 520 480 894 Input: A = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 B = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Output: 30 36 42 66 81 96 102 126 150
It is recommended to first refer Iterative Matrix Multiplication.
First check if multiplication between matrices is possible or not. For this, check if number of columns of first matrix is equal to number of rows of second matrix or not. If both are equal than proceed further otherwise generate output “Not Possible”.
In Recursive Matrix Multiplication, we implement three loops of Iteration through recursive calls. The inner most Recursive call of multiplyMatrix() is to iterate k (col1 or row2). The second recursive call of multiplyMatrix() is to change the columns and the outermost recursive call is to change rows.
Below is Recursive Matrix Multiplication code.
30 36 42 66 81 96 102 126 150
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauhan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Maximum size square sub-matrix with all 1s
- Print a given matrix in spiral form
- Search in a row wise and column wise sorted matrix
- A Boolean Matrix Question
- Matrix Chain Multiplication | DP-8
- Print unique rows in a given boolean matrix
- Inplace (Fixed space) M x N size matrix transpose | Updated
- Maximum sum rectangle in a 2D matrix | DP-27
- Zigzag (or diagonal) traversal of Matrix
- Divide and Conquer | Set 5 (Strassen's Matrix Multiplication)
- Print all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
- Count all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
- Printing brackets in Matrix Chain Multiplication Problem
- Create a matrix with alternating rectangles of O and X
- Given an n x n square matrix, find sum of all sub-squares of size k x k
- Print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- Given a matrix of 'O' and 'X', find the largest subsquare surrounded by 'X'
- Given a matrix of ‘O’ and ‘X’, replace 'O' with 'X' if surrounded by 'X'
- Find a common element in all rows of a given row-wise sorted matrix
- Program for Rank of Matrix