Prerequisite: Getting Started with MATLAB
In Matlab, Spreadsheets are represented as a table. A spreadsheet most often contains text and numerical data in row and column format. You need to perform the following steps to start working with spreadsheets (.xlsx,.csv) in Matlab
- Click on upload in the header section.
- Now select your file.
- After upload completed, the uploaded file will be shown in your current folder window.
- Now double-click on your file. It will look like the below screenshot
Let’s Understand the import section.
Import Section in Matlab
The import section looks like below image
- The Selection/History section allows you to select specific range of rows/columns from your excel file.Let’s say you want to select data from column A row 1 to column C row 6 then enter A1:C6 in the area
- The Name part allows you to give your selected data a name say your variable name.
- After giving all the input now at the final step click on Import Selection.
- If you want to work as a normal variable with selected data then select import Data.
- If you want to Generate Script or Generate Function or Generate Live Script select the option of your preference.