In python a number of mathematical operations can be performed with ease by importing a module named “math” which defines various functions which makes our tasks easier.
1. ceil() :- This function returns the smallest integral value greater than the number. If number is already integer, same number is returned.
2. floor() :- This function returns the greatest integral value smaller than the number. If number is already integer, same number is returned.
The ceil of 2.3 is : 3 The floor of 2.3 is : 2
3. fabs() :- This function returns the absolute value of the number.
4. factorial() :- This function returns the factorial of the number. An error message is displayed if number is not integral.
The absolute value of -10 is : 10.0 The factorial of 5 is : 120
5. copysign(a, b) :- This function returns the number with the value of ‘a’ but with the sign of ‘b’. The returned value is float type.
6. gcd() :- This function is used to compute the greatest common divisor of 2 numbers mentioned in its arguments. This function works in python 3.5 and above.
The copysigned value of -10 and 5.5 is : -5.5 The gcd of 5 and 15 is : 5
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course