Materialize CSS | Helpers
There are several helpers in materialize CSS that are used for designing needs such as:
- Hiding/Showing content
1. Alignment: Content can be aligned horizontally or vertically by using the following classes:
- Vertical Align: It can be easily done by adding the class valign-wrapper to the container holding the items that you want to align.
<div class="valign-wrapper"> <h5>This is vertically aligned</h5> </div>
- Horizontal Align: These classes are used for horizontally aligning the content: left-align, right-align, center-align.
<div> <h5 class="left-align">This is left aligned</h5> </div> <div> <h5 class="right-align">This is right aligned</h5> </div> <div> <h5 class="center-align">This is center aligned</h5> </div>
- Quick Float: There are other classes that is used to align the content are left and right.
<div class="left">...</div> <div class="right">...</div>
2. Hiding/Showing content: To hide/show content on specific screen, materialize provides easy to use classes.
Class Screen Range hide Hidden from all devices hide-on-small-only Hidden for Mobile Only hide-on-med-only Hidden for Tablet Only hide-on-med-and-down Hidden for Tablet and Below hide-on-med-and-up Hidden for Tablet and Above hide-on-large-only Hidden for Desktop Only show-on-small Show for Mobile Only show-on-medium Show for Tablet Only show-on-large Show for Desktop Only show-on-medium-and-up Show for Tablet and Above show-on-medium-and-down Show for Tablet and Below
<div class="hide-on-small-only"> This will be hidden from mobile screen </div>
3. Formatting: These classes helps to format various content. These classes are –
- Truncation: To truncate long lines of text in an ellipsis, truncate class is added to the tag that contains text.
<h4 class="truncate"> This is an extremely long title that will be truncated </h4>
- Hover: The hoverable is the hover class that is used to add animation for the box shadow.
<div class="card-panel hoverable"> Hoverable Card Panel </div>
Here is an example in which all of the above classes are used: