There are several helpers in materialize CSS that are used for designing needs such as:
- Hiding/Showing content
1. Alignment: Content can be aligned horizontally or vertically by using the following classes:
- Vertical Align: It can be easily done by adding the class valign-wrapper to the container holding the items that you want to align.
<div class="valign-wrapper"> <h5>This is vertically aligned</h5> </div>
- Horizontal Align: These classes are used for horizontally aligning the content: left-align, right-align, center-align.
<div> <h5 class="left-align">This is left aligned</h5> </div> <div> <h5 class="right-align">This is right aligned</h5> </div> <div> <h5 class="center-align">This is center aligned</h5> </div>
- Quick Float: There are other classes that is used to align the content are left and right.
<div class="left">...</div> <div class="right">...</div>
2. Hiding/Showing content: To hide/show content on specific screen, materialize provides easy to use classes.
|hide||Hidden from all devices|
|hide-on-small-only||Hidden for Mobile Only|
|hide-on-med-only||Hidden for Tablet Only|
|hide-on-med-and-down||Hidden for Tablet and Below|
|hide-on-med-and-up||Hidden for Tablet and Above|
|hide-on-large-only||Hidden for Desktop Only|
|show-on-small||Show for Mobile Only|
|show-on-medium||Show for Tablet Only|
|show-on-large||Show for Desktop Only|
|show-on-medium-and-up||Show for Tablet and Above|
|show-on-medium-and-down||Show for Tablet and Below|
<div class="hide-on-small-only"> This will be hidden from mobile screen </div>
3. Formatting: These classes helps to format various content. These classes are –
- Truncation: To truncate long lines of text in an ellipsis, truncate class is added to the tag that contains text.
<h4 class="truncate"> This is an extremely long title that will be truncated </h4>
- Hover: The hoverable is the hover class that is used to add animation for the box shadow.
<div class="card-panel hoverable"> Hoverable Card Panel </div>
Here is an example in which all of the above classes are used:
- Helpers in Codeignitor
- Inline HTML Helper - HTML Helpers in ASP.NET MVC
- Materialize CSS | Preloader
- Materialize CSS | Colors
- Materialize CSS | Grids
- Materialize CSS | Tables
- Materialize CSS | Badges
- Materialize CSS | Breadcrumbs
- Materialize CSS | Media
- Materialize CSS | Buttons
- Materialize CSS | Footer
- Materialize CSS | Typography
- Materialize CSS | Collections
- Materialize CSS | Pagination
- Materialize CSS | Icons
- Materialize CSS Navbars
- Materialize CSS - Modals
- Materialize CSS Dropdown
- Materialize CSS | Waves
- Materialize CSS - Pulse and Shadow
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.