Material UI is the most powerful and efficient tool to build an Application by adding Designs and Animations and use it with technical and scientific innovation. It is basically a design language that was developed by Google in 2014. It uses more Design and Animations, grid-system and provides shadows and lightning effects.
Features of Material UI: Material UI provides low-level utility functions called “style functions” for building powerful design systems.
- Access the theme values directly from the component props.
- Encourage UI consistency.
- Write responsive style effortlessly.
- Work with any theme object.
- Less than KB g zipped.
- Fast enough to execute.
- A code editor like (VS Code, Atom, Sublime etc).
- NodeJS should be installed.
Installation of Node.js on Windows
Installation of Node.js on linux
- Knowledge of creating a react app.
Installation: To install Material UI run the below command in your working directory.
- Install Material UI by using npm
npm install @material-ui/core
- Install Material UI by using yarn
yarn add @material-ui/core
Example: In this example we will make changes in App.js, we will import Material UI and place a button with the primary color.