Angular Material is a UI component library that is developed by the Angular team to build design components for desktop and mobile web applications. In order to install it, we need to have angular installed in our project, once you have it you can enter the below command and can download it.
The main use of the matBadge and assign a value in order to display numbers or status over text or images or icons. We can relate to them as a notification icon number indicator.
ng add @angular/material
- First, install the angular material using the above-mentioned command.
- After completing the installation, Import ‘MatBadgeModule’ from ‘@angular/material/badge’ in the app.module.ts file.
- Then use matBadge and assign a number to display it over any text or image.
- We also have other properties like matBadgeOverlap and matBadgeSize in-order to customizes the badge size and position.
- If we want to change the theme then we can change it by using the matBadgeColor property. In angular we have 3 themes, they are primary, accent, and warn.
- Once done with the above steps then serve or start the project.