MasterCard Associate Software Engineering Interview Experience
- 10th & 12th -75%
- 7.5 CGPA No YD, No active Backlog
- Education break should not exceed 24 months
Day 1: PPT (10:30 AM – 12:00 PM)
Coding Test (12:30 PM – 1:00 PM) 2 Questions-Partial Marking-TechGig platform
- Modified Job Scheduling (Input was in string format so it became a bit time-consuming at least for me)
- String Manipulation
I heard the cutoff was around 110 but some people with even higher scores were not selected so can’t say much. 60 got shortlisted for Technical round
Technical Round: (I messed up an answer because I got confused with some terms) Business Skype
- What Technologies do you like working on?
- About my projects
- Do you know what is responsive website
- Tell me about Materialise CSS
- About my SIH project
- Had to explain my projects
- How will you implement these particular technologies in MasterCard (in my case web development and Data Analysis)
- What will you like to work in, Data Analysis and database Management, or Web Development?
- How do you keep yourself updated with the recent trends in technology and like how do keep updating your skillset
I asked him for feedback, and he said:
You know a lot of things and you are enthusiastic and that’s good but instead of trying to learn a lot of things focus on concepts and getting in-depth knowledge because I think anyone can learn syntax using google and stack overflow but you should know concepts.
HR Interview: Some people had two HR interviews but I only had one and interview went up till 11:30 pm and you get only 5-10 minutes to prepare for HR on Zoom
- Introduce Yourself
- Made me explain two of my projects
- Why MasterCard?
- Top 3 technologies according to you?
- If someone has no knowledge about the technical domain, how will you explain to them about engineering and what you do?
Any Questions for me: I asked anything you expect from your employees:
They said that I am happy that you value our company’s way of working, and we are open-minded and we want our employees to maintain that working culture.
Result (12 got the job) some questions my friends were asked:
- What is your favorite subject? And then questions based on that
- SQL queries
- Stack and Queue based questions
- Strengths and Weaknesses