Recently MAQ Software visited our campus. A panel of two members arrived.
There was a pen and paper round. The round consisted of aptitude questions like
- Time and work
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Calender Dates
- Common puzzles
- Speed and Distances
There were 30 questions to be solved in 30 mins. Each question was provided with four choices out of which one was correct. There was negative marking for wrong answers.
Next there was a round where two coding questions were given. Time alloted for this round was again 30 mins. The questions were
- Sort an array of 0s, 1s and 2s (Problem statement was not exactly the same but similar logic had to be used)
- N-queen problem for 8 queens (I gave this solution using Backtracking)
Around 36 people were called for the next rounds. There were two rounds of face to face interview. Each candidate was interviewed by both the members in the panel.
Interview Round 1
- Start with a brief introduction about yourself.
- Tell me about your project.
- An easy question like calculate the factorial of a number. However edge cases had to be considered.
- Given a number, generate all prime numbers till that number.
- Explain how can you count the number of 1’s that appear between 0 to 20
(Gave a Brute force solution)
- How can you reverse a string in place.
- Reverse individual words in a given string.
After that I was asked if I have any question or not. I asked about the location and that if I would be given any option to choose my preferred location.
Interview Round 2
- Write a program to detect if there is a loop in a linked list or not. If there is then find the starting point of the loop. (Note: This algorithm only detects the presence of a loop. It does not find the starting point.)
- I was asked in which subject I was comfortable among the courses taught in curriculum. I said it was DBMS. I was asked what is de-normalisation.
- Why do you want to join MAQ?
- Asked me some Basic concepts of OOPs like inheritance, polymorphism.
I thank geeksforgeeks as it helped me a lot to prepare for campus interviews.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Belzabar Software Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for Software Developer)
- Daffodil Software Interview Experience for Software Developer | On-Campus
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off Campus for Software Engineer-1)
- Eze Software Interview Experience | Set 1
- Eze Software Interview Experience | Set 2
- MAQ Software Interview Experience
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 7
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 2