MAQ Software visited Delhi Technological University on 19/11/2020. They conducted 4 rounds online.
Round 1(Aptitude + Coding round): Aptitude Questions (30 questions in 30 minutes), easy-medium level with negative marking. Just after finishing the Coding round was there, 4 coding questions in 60 minutes.
- Find the smallest number with a given number of digits and sum of digits.
- The Best day to buy and the best day to sell stock to get maximum profit.
The other two questions were very basic
Only one submission was allowed for every question. The inputs for every question were in string form, I had to convert it into an array of integers using stringstream and stoi functions in C++ before applying the logic for a given problem.
Round 2: (Technical round for 30 to 45 minutes): An asked lot of questions from the database, from my project
- Different types of joins in DBMS
- Normalization, what is 2NF, 3NF with an example, how to convert from 2NF to 3NF with example
- Number of tables in the database of my project and their attributes
- Gave me 2 tables and some questions and asked me to write SQL for them (easy to moderate) on collabedit.com
- Asked about the question from the coding round if I remember any(As round 1 held on the previous day), I mentioned the smallest number with the given sum problem then asked its approach, boundary conditions.
- Error handling
- You are given 0 as input and you have to produce 120 as output, just approach was asked, the answer was to use factorial somehow
Round 3: (Technical round for 20 minutes): Asked about which data structure you like the most and coding question was asked and to discuss all its approaches https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-pythagorean-triplet-in-an-unsorted-array/
Round 4: (Technical + HR round for 30 minutes):
- Why you want to join this company
- Your strengths(explain with example)
- How was the experience from previous rounds and asked to rate them
- Area of interest
- Asked about the current technologies you are working on
- Puzzle: At a local bar, three friends, Mr. Green, Mr. Red, and Mr. Blue, were having a drink. One man was wearing a red suit; one a green suit; and the other a blue suit. “Have you noticed,” said the man in the blue suit, “that although our suits have colors corresponding to our names, not one of us is wearing a suit that matches our own names?” Mr. Red looked at the other two and said, “You’re absolutely correct.” What color suit is each man wearing?
Answer: Since none of the men are wearing the color of suit that corresponds to their names, and Mr. Red was replying to the man in the blue suit, it had to be Mr. Green to whom he replied. We then know that Mr. Green is wearing a blue suit. Therefore, Mr. Red is wearing a green suit and Mr. Blue is wearing a red suit.
- Asked me to share my screen and to open notepad to write code for the longest nonrepetitive substring in a string https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/length-of-the-longest-substring-without-repeating-characters/