MAQ software visited our campus in October (virtually). They conducted 4 rounds
Round 1 (Aptitude + Coding round): Aptitude Questions (30 questions for 30 minutes)
Easy to moderate level questions on quants like train speed-related, boat stream related, etc. Some questions were based on puzzles like minimum time required to cross a bridge at night with one torch this article
Note: There was negative marking for wrong answers.
Coding Questions (4 questions for 60 minutes)
Questions that I faced in my set
- Number of handshakes.
- Convert decimal number into a hexadecimal number.
- Find least D digit number with its digits’ sum equal to S.
- Simple binary tree implementation.
Some other questions which were there in my friends’ set:
- Find LCM, GCD of two numbers.
- Least number composed of 0’s and 9’s only which is divisible by N.
Note: You could submit your solution once only no resubmitting was allowed. Also all inputs for these questions were given in string form, like if inputs are numbers from 1 to 4 then they were given like “1,2,3,4” (Separated by commas). So required extra code to separate these numbers.
Round 2 (Technical 1 for 45 minutes):
- Tell something about yourself.
- Asked to write code for Spiral Matrix on collabedit.com while screen sharing was on.
- ACID properties.
- Indexing in DBMS
- Join based SQL query
- What is searching and sorting (project-based)
Round 3 (Technical 2 for 30-45 minutes):
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why MAQ?
- Asked to write code related to finding the number of occurrence of words in a given sentence. And return an array of strings containing words in their decreasing order of occurrence. (I could not write the whole code even in 20 minutes, so the interviewer told me to just tell him approach, with which he was satisfied.)
- What data structure you will use to find total time spent by employees in the office given their check-in and check-out times, like
- So, total time spent by E1 is (10-9) + (1:30-12) ie 2hrs:30mins
- Asked about outer join and its usage example
Round 4 (HR+Technical 3 for 30 minutes):
- Tell something about yourself
- Your area of interest
- Your Strengths and weakness.
- While reviewing my resume he asked a little about internships and my role in them.
- Asked what is a server (internship based)
- Asked about normalization and denormalization. Along with the advantage of one over the other.
- Asked solution for a situation where a site is slow to respond, then what can be done to improve.
- Asked for an approach to develop a system that checks whether people are following social distancing or not while passing through a society gate.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off Campus for Software Engineer-1)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 2
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 3
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 5
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 7
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-Campus for SE-1)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus Writen Test)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 12 (Written Test)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 14 (On-Campus)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 15 ( On-Campus )
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 16 (On-Campus FTE+Internship)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 17 (On-Campus FTE+Internship)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.