MAQ software is the best company on the off chance that you are a fresher and need to take up an entry-level position where you can become familiar with a ton about Microsoft and Business Intelligent tools.
The company mainly has its exposure in three areas that are Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Cloud. This company can be called a child company of Microsoft as it, for the most part, relies on Microsoft Products.
Going to the Interview Experience, I am 2020 B.Tech Graduate from Lovely Professional University. At the point when I applied for the Company, I was out of my college holding up an internship in an MNC. I was least intrigued by my present situation as it paid me fundamentally low. I got an email with a test link and login credentials following applying from the company career gateway. One needs to login to the test with the given credentials.
Then there comes the first test which consists of analytical and logical questions like
1. Four people come to a river in the night. There is a narrow bridge, but it can only hold two people at a time. They have one torch and, because it’s night, the light has to be used when crossing the bridge. Person A can cross the bridge in 1 minute, B in 2 minutes, C in 5 minutes, and D in 8 minutes. When two people cross the bridge together, they must move at the slower person’s pace. The question is, can they all get across the bridge if the torch lasts only 15 minutes? ( resource: Online )
2. A can do a work in 15 days and B in 20 days. If they work on it together for four days, then the fraction of the work that is left? ( resource: Online )
One can also expect questions from Blood relationships and Time Speed Distance.
This round is relatively easy, and the time we get to solve 30 questions is 30 mins, which I felt was insufficient. To pass this round a decent score of 20-23 will do.
After submitting the aptitude round, you will be redirected to Coding round. This round is of 1 hour consisting of 4 coding questions ( 2- Easy 1-Medium 1- Hard ) If you are not clear with the problem you ought to invest the least time on that and move on to the next because the next questions would be relatively easy and solvable. But remember one thing once the problem is skipped, you can never get back to the question again. The languages accepted are Java, C++, C. So make yourself ready for this. Taking care of 3 problems would surety you an Interview call.
Round 1: It would be a Skype Technical interview. The interviewer wants to see you the way you answer and think. To crack this round, you need to practice from the following: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/maq-software-interview-preparation/
The content from the above link was most useful and helped me to build the confidence to crack the Interview.
The interviewer’s name was given to me prior, so I went to his LinkedIn profile and understood his strengths and focused on it more.
I was asked to print all the integers from the string, which was generally simple, yet they were, for the most part, focusing on the edge cases.
He asked me a lot of questions from my Resume about my projects and technologies I mentioned.
Round 2: You will receive a call from the HR of the company asking for your availability for the second round of Technical Interview. This round was a little tight when compared to the previous round; The interviewer asked me to write some SQL queries to check my knowledge. These questions are already mentioned in the above link. The interviewer was helpful and given me some hints to solve the problem.
1. Write a query to remove all the duplicate rows from the database.
2. What are the ACID properties?
3. What is the difference between Left join and Full join?
Round 3 is optional and mostly HR round, where they will discuss your future plans, where you want to see yourself in next five years, what are your expectations from the company, and most importantly why MAQ?
I had a good experience with the Interview, and I was able to crack it. GeeksForGeeks helped me a lot. If you are concerned only about the monthly pay scale and new technologies, blindly go for the company.
But I suggest once look into the glassdoor reviews, know about the company.
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Belzabar Software Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for Software Developer)
- Daffodil Software Interview Experience for Software Developer | On-Campus
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off Campus for Software Engineer-1)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 2
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 7
- Eze Software Interview Experience | Set 1
- Eze Software Interview Experience | Set 1
- Eze Software Interview Experience | Set 2
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 5
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 3
- Yardi Software Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.