Given a string S, c1 and c2. Replace character c1 with c2 and c2 with c1.
Input : str = 'grrksfoegrrks' c1 = e, c2 = r Output : geeksforgeeks Input : str = 'ratul' c1 = t, c2 = h Output : rahul
We have existing solution for this problem in C++ please refer Replace a character c1 with c2 and c2 with c1 in a string S link. We will solve this problem quickly in Python using Lambda expression and map() function. We will create a lambda expression where character c1 in string will be replaced by c2 and c2 will be replaced by c1 and other will remain same, then we will map this expression on each character of string and will get updated string.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Intersection of two arrays in Python ( Lambda expression and filter function )
- Python | Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times using Lambda expression and reduce function
- Lambda expression in Python to rearrange positive and negative numbers
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using Lambda expression
- Python | Replace multiple characters at once
- Python | Replace characters after K occurrences
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python - Using lambda function
- Replace minimal number of characters to make all characters pair wise distinct
- Python lambda
- Python | sympy.Lambda() method
- Overuse of lambda expressions in Python
- Lambda and filter in Python Examples
- replace() in Python to replace a substring
- Python lambda (Anonymous Functions) | filter, map, reduce
- Python Program to Sort the list according to the column using lambda
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.