VPython makes it easy to create navigable 3D displays and animations, even for those with limited programming experience. Because it is based on Python, it also has much to offer for experienced programmers and researchers.
VPython allows users to create objects such as spheres and cones in 3D space and displays these objects in a window. This makes it easy to create simple visualizations, allowing programmers to focus more on the computational aspect of their programs. The simplicity of
VPython has made it a tool for the illustration of simple physics, especially in the educational environment.
pip install vpython
A point in geometry is a location. We can generate points in
VPython using the
Syntax : points(parameters)
- pos : It is the position of the points. Assign a list of vectors containing 3 values, example pos = [vector(-1, 0, 0), vector(1, 0, 0)]
- color : It is the color of the points. Assign a vector containing 3 values, example color = vector(1, 1, 1) will give the color white
- radius : It is the radius of the points. Assign a floating value, the default radius is 2.5, example radius = 5
- size : It is the size of the cylinder. Assign a vector containing 3 values representing the length, height and width respectively, example size = vector(1, 1, 1)
All the parameters are optional.
Without any parameters, the
points() method will not display anything by default.
Example 1 :Points using the parameter pos.
Example 2 :Points using the parameters color and radius.
- Making a box with VPython
- Making an arrow with VPython
- Making a sphere with VPython
- Making a cylinder with VPython
- Making a cone with VPython
- Making an ellipsoid with VPython
- Making a pyramid with VPython
- Making a label with VPython
- Making a ring with VPython
- Making a helix with VPython
- Making a text object with VPython
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Making it accelerate
- PyQt5 QDateEdit - Making It read only
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Making updates
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Making it enabled
- Python Bokeh - Making a Pie Chart
- PyQt5 - Making circular combo box
- Python - Making a Reddit bot with PRAW
- PyQt5 QColorDialog - Making color done
- Python | Making program run faster
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.