MakeMyTrip SDET Intern Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Round 1(Online Test): The first round was an online test. It had a about 20 MCQs based on OOPs, DBMS SQL etc. Also, there was one coding question and one SQL Query.
You are given an array representing a row of seats where seats[i] = 1 represents a person sitting in the ith seat, and seats[i] = 0 represents that the ith seat is empty (0-indexed). There is at least one empty seat, and at least one person sitting. Alex wants to sit in the seat such that the distance between him and the closest person to him is maximized. Return that maximum distance to the closest person.
REF : https://leetcode.com/problems/maximize-distance-to-closest-person/
Overall Difficulty : Medium.
Round 2(Technical Round): About 50 students were shortlisted for this round. The interviewer was very friendly.
- He asked me many questions on Java. Mostly OOPs.
- Also, he gave me a very basic coding question. The only constraint was not to use any in-built functions.(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/third-largest-element-array-distinct-elements/)
Practice Link: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/third-largest-element/1
- He asked me a few puzzles as well.
Round 3(Coding Round and Technical Round): 20 Students were shortlisted for this round]. The interviewer asked me a few Coding questions. Like
Practice Link: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/check-if-linked-list-is-pallindrome/1
- A few questions on hash Map, internal working of a hash Map in Java, internal working of a stack and queue.
The main purpose was to check my basic coding skills and ability to code fast and clean.
Round 4(Final Round): Only 10 students were shortlisted for this round. It was an HR and technical mixed round.
- Firstly the interviewer asked me a few System design questions. Design Netflix and Design Google Maps.
- He also asked me a few puzzles.
- In the end he asked me why i wanted to join Make my trip. Where do i live, hobbies etc?
Only 4 students were shortlisted in the end. I was one of them. The whole process was on medium to easy side. More emphasis was on the basics.
Just stay calm and confident because the interviews are long so getting friendly but staying on the formal side with the interviewer helps.