Round-1: Online test
There were 2 sections – Aptitude and Coding
Section A- 20 MCQ’s on General Aptitude.
Section B- There were 3 coding questions.
1) Given an array and 2 numbers l,r find the number of elements in the array in between l and r;
2) Calculate a power b (b -> [1,1000000000] (required a logn approach).
eg. input – “121” output – 3.
Round-2 : Technical Round (1 hour 10 minutes).
The interviewer was very friendly and was trying to find out how much u can think.
1) Given a rotated array around a pivot element find a number x in the array.(write code in log n time).
2)Given 50 red and 50 blue balls, arrange them in 2 bags in such a way that the probability of taking out a red ball in 1st attempt is strictly > 1/2.
4) The concept behind why a sewage lid on a road is round-shaped.Trying to find out how much u can think. (because the lid wont go inside in any way as a circle is uniform 360 degree.Rest any shape can go inside along the diagonal vertically).
6) A cake is on table.Another piece is cut from anywhere in the cake.Using a single cut divide the cake into 2 parts.(cut along the line joining the mid-points of the cake and the piece.)
8) Measure 4 litres water using 2 containers of capacity 5 and 3 litres respectively.(infinite supply of water).
Round-2 Technical Round (50 minutes).
A good 10-minutes discussion on my project.
Next I was made to write full code for every question.
1) Iterative preorder traversal.
2) Iterative inorder traversal.
3) Reverse a string wordwise. (Let the input string be “i like this program very much”. The function should change the string to “much very program this like i”).
4) Calculate a^b in logn and find the total number of multiplications.(check binary representation of b and count 1’s for the number of multiplications.)
Round-3: HR Round
Some general question on my background and the HR gave a presentation and she finally said SEE U IN MAKEMYTRIP.
I thank geeksforgeeks for my success.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Related Practice Problems
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
In case you wish to attend live classes with industry experts, please refer DSA Live Classes