Given a string str containing lowercase alphabets (a – z). The task is to print the string after rearranging some characters such that the string becomes non-palindromic. If its impossible to make the string non-palindrome then print -1.
Input: str = “abba”
Input: str = “zzz”
Approach: If all the characters in the string are same then no matter how you rearrange the characters, string will remain the same and will be palindromic. Now, if a non-palindromic arrangement exists, the best way to rearrange the characters is to sort the string which will form continuous segment of same characters and will never be palindromic. In order to reduce the time required to sort the string, we can store the frequencies of all the 26 characters and print them in sorted manner.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Make the string lexicographically smallest and non palindromic by replacing exactly one character
- Minimum Count of Bit flips required to make a Binary String Palindromic
- Make a palindromic string from given string
- Minimum cuts required to convert a palindromic string to a different palindromic string
- Minimum number of letters needed to make a total of n
- Minimum letters to be removed to make all occurrences of a given letter continuous
- Smallest Greater (than S) String of length K whose letters are subset of S
- Check if the string contains consecutive letters and each letter occurs exactly once
- Minimum minutes needed to make the time palindromic
- Minimum palindromic subarray removals to make array Empty
- Longest palindromic string formed by concatenation of prefix and suffix of a string
- Find the count of palindromic sub-string of a string in its sorted form
- Check if a string contains a palindromic sub-string of even length
- Find a palindromic string B such that given String A is a subsequense of B
- Construct a string of length L such that each substring of length X has exactly Y distinct letters
- Lexicographically first palindromic string
- Count palindromic characteristics of a String
- Count All Palindromic Subsequence in a given String
- Find all palindromic sub-strings of a given string | Set 2
- Given a string, print all possible palindromic partitions
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.