In this article we will see how we can resize the image in mahotas. Image interpolation occurs when you resize or distort your image from one pixel grid to another. Image resizing is necessary when you need to increase or decrease the total number of pixels, whereas remapping can occur when you are correcting for lens distortion or rotating an image.
In this tutorial we will use “lena” image, below is the command to load it.
Below is the lena image
In order to do this we will use
Syntax : mahotas.imresize(img, size)
Argument : It takes image object and new size as argument
Return : It returns image object
Note : Input image should be filtered or should be loaded as grey
In order to filter the image we will take the image object which is numpy.ndarray and filter it with the help of indexing, below is the command to do this
image = image[:, :, 0]
Below is the implementation
- Image Resizing using OpenCV | Python
- Image resizing using Seam carving using OpenCV in Python
- Mahotas - Labelled Image from the Normal Image
- Mahotas - Reconstructing image from transformed Daubechies wavelet image
- PyQt5 – How to stop resizing of window | setFixedSize() method
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Resizing it according to value
- MoviePy – Resizing Video File
- PYGLET – Setting Size / Resizing of Window
- Mahotas - Getting Mean Value of Image
- Mahotas - Element Structure for Eroding Image
- Mahotas - Dilating Image
- Mahotas - Eroding Image
- Mahotas - Opening Process on Image
- Mahotas - Element Structure for Dilating Image
- Labeled Image Function in Python Mahotas
- Loading Image using Mahotas - Python
- Mahotas - Transforming image using Daubechies wavelet
- Mahotas - Removing border effect from Wavelet Center Image
- Mahotas - Cropping Image
- Mahotas - Fraction of zeros in image
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.