In this article we will see how we can relabel the labelled image in mahotas. Relabeling is used to label the already labelled image, this is required becuase some times there are mane labels which user deletes so when that image get relabel, we get the new label number as well. We use
mahotas.label method to label the image
For this we are going to use the fluorescent microscopy image from a nuclear segmentation benchmark. We can get the image with the help of command given below
Below is the nuclear_image
Labeled images are integer images where the values correspond to different regions. I.e., region 1 is all of the pixels which have value 1, region two is the pixels with value 2, and so on
In order to do this we will use
Syntax : mahotas.relabel(labeled)
Argument : It takes labeled image object as argument
Return : It returns the labelled image and integer i.e number of labels
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Mahotas - Labelled Image from the Normal Image
- Mahotas - Getting Mean Value of Image
- Mahotas - Element Structure for Eroding Image
- Mahotas - RGB to Gray Conversion
- Mahotas - Dilating Image
- Mahotas - Eroding Image
- Mahotas - Opening Process on Image
- Mahotas - Element Structure for Dilating Image
- Labeled Image Function in Python Mahotas
- Where's Wally Problem using Mahotas
- Python Mahotas - Introduction
- Loading Image using Mahotas - Python
- Mahotas - Sizes of Labeled Region
- Mahotas - Weight of Labeled Region
- Mahotas - Filtering Region
- Mahotas - Removing Bordered Labeled
- Mahotas - Filtering Labels
- Mahotas - Setting Threshold
- Mahotas - Gaussian filtering
- Mahotas - Transforming image using Daubechies wavelet
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.