In this article we will see how we can do image stretching in mahotas. Contrast stretching (often called normalization) is a simple image enhancement technique that attempts to improve the contrast in an image by `stretching’ the range of intensity values it contains to span a desired range of values, e.g. the the full range of pixel values that the image type concerned allows.
In this tutorial we will use “lena” image, below is the command to load it.
Below is the lena image
In order to do this we will use
Syntax : mahotas.stretch(img)
Argument : It takes image object as argument
Return : It returns image object
Note : Input image should be filtered or should be loaded as grey
In order to filter the image we will take the image object which is numpy.ndarray and filter it with the help of indexing, below is the command to do this
image = image[:, :, 0]
Below is the implementation
- Histogram Plotting and stretching in Python (without using inbuilt function)
- Mahotas - Labelled Image from the Normal Image
- Mahotas - Reconstructing image from transformed Daubechies wavelet image
- Mahotas - Getting Mean Value of Image
- Mahotas - Element Structure for Eroding Image
- Mahotas - Dilating Image
- Mahotas - Eroding Image
- Mahotas - Opening Process on Image
- Mahotas - Element Structure for Dilating Image
- Labeled Image Function in Python Mahotas
- Loading Image using Mahotas - Python
- Mahotas - Transforming image using Daubechies wavelet
- Mahotas - Removing border effect from Wavelet Center Image
- Mahotas - Cropping Image
- Mahotas - Fraction of zeros in image
- Mahotas - Making Image Wavelet Center
- Mahotas - Perimeter of Objects in binary image
- Mahotas - Loading image as grey
- Mahotas - Getting Bounding Boxes of Labelled Image
- Mahotas - Distance from binary image
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.