Magento vs Joomla
With the advancement of technology, different sectors are shifting from traditional business to digital or e-commerce. Each and every organization whether small or big wants to have their digital presence so that it can sell its goods online but making an e-commerce store or web application is a complex and time-consuming task which requires coding skills. Hence to solve this problem, many organizations have provided website building, content management and e-commerce store building platforms which make it easy to create web applications. Two such platforms are Joomla and Magento which provides different services to build websites and online stores.
Magento can be understood as an e-commerce platform which helps its users to create online stores for selling their products and services. It was founded by Roy Rubin and it was initially launched in 2008. It was built using the PHP programming language. It is an open-source platform. In 2018 Adobe Incorporation purchased it for $1.68 billion. MySQL and MariaDB are used as databases to store information.
Advantages of Magento
- It allows to create applications which are responsive on various devices are android, iPad etc.
- It is SEO friendly means it is easy to optimize websites to increase ranking for SERP.
- Has a lot of performance tracking tools to evaluate results.
- Loading speed is good.
- Easy integration with third-party plugins.
Disadvantages of Magento
- Setup and configuration are difficult as compared to Joomla.
- Hosting requires large space which slows down the website speed.
- It is costly as compared to other platforms providing similar services.
Joomla can be understood as a content management platform which helps in building interactive web applications and websites. The development credit of this platform goes to Open Source Matters Incorporation. It was initially launched in 2005. It was developed using the OOPS concept of programming languages and is written in PHP. MySQL and PostgreSQL are used as databases to store information.
Advantages of Joomla
- It has a large number of ready to use themes so no need to build from scratch.
- It provides advanced marketing tools to increase customer reach.
- It provides tracking tools to evaluate performance.
- Nearly 2 million websites being built with this platform are currently active.
- It comes with enhanced security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Disadvantages of Joomla
- Loading speed is slow as compared to other platforms.
- Basic features are free but hosting charges are paid.
Below is a table of differentiation between Magento and Joomla:
|1.||It is an e-commerce platform which provides services to create online stores to sell goods.||It is a content management platform for building websites and web applications.|
|2.||Magento was founded by Roy Rubin.||It was developed by the members of the Open Source Matters Incorporation and Joomla community.|
|3.||It uses Magento’s business intelligence tool for analyzing customer information.||It uses plugins for tracking performance and analyzing information.|
|4.||Customization is tough as compared to Joomla.||Customization features are better and easy to implement.|
|5.||Magento for a commercial purpose is very expensive.||Joomla is cheaper compared to Magento.|
|6.||Performance of shopping cart and online visibility is much better.||The performance of the shopping cart is good.|
|7.||Its installation process is complex.||The setup and installation process is easy.|
|8.||It was established in 2008.||It was established in 2005.|
Please Login to comment...