The word Artificial Intelligence comprises two words “Artificial” and “Intelligence”. Artificial refers to something which is made by human or non-natural thing and Intelligence means the ability to understand or think. AI is not a system but it is implemented in the system.
There can be so many definitions of AI, one definition can be “It is the study of how to train the computers so that computers can do things which at present human can do better.” Therefore It is an intelligence where we want to add all the capabilities to machines that humans contain. Artificial Intelligence can be classified into two types:
1. Based on the Capabilities of AI.
- Artificial narrow Intelligence.
- Artificial General Intelligence.
- Artificial Super Intelligence.
2. Based on Functionality of AI.
- Reactive machines.
- Limited memory.
- Theory of mind.
Let’s discuss all of them one by one.
Based on the Capabilities of AI
1. Artificial Narrow Intelligence: ANI also called “Weak” AI is that the AI that exists in our world today. Narrow AI is AI that programmed to perform one task whether it’s checking the weather, having the ability to play chess, or analyzing data to write down the journalistic report. It can attend a task in real-time, but they pull information from a selected perform outside of the only task that they’re designed to perform.ANI system can attend to a task in the period however they pull info from a specific data set. These systems don’t perform outside of the sole task that they’re designed to perform.
2. Artificial General Intelligence: AGN also called strong AI it refers to machines that exhibit human intelligence. we will say that AGI can successfully perform any intellectual; a task that a person’s being can. this is often the type of AI that we see in movies like “Her” or other sci-fi movies during which humans interact with machines and OS that are conscious, sentient, and driven by emotional and self-awareness. It is expected to be ready to reason, solve problems, make judgments under uncertainty in decision-making and artistic, imaginative.but for machines to realize true human-like intelligence.
3. Artificial Super Intelligence: ASI will be human intelligence in all aspects from creativity, to general wisdom, to problem-solving. Machines are going to be capable of exhibiting intelligence that we have a tendency to haven’t seen within the brightest amongst. This is the kind of AI that a lot of individuals square measure upset concerning, and also the form of AI that individuals like Elon musk assume can cause the extinction of the human race.
Based on Functionality of AI
1. Reactive Machines: Reactive machines created by IBM in the mid-1980s.These machines are the foremost basic sort of AI system. this suggests that they can’t form memories or use past experiences to influence present -made a choice, they will only react to currently existing situations hence “Reactive”. An existing sort of a reactive machine is deep blue, chess playing by the supercomputer.
2. Limited Memory: It is comprised of machine learning models that device derives knowledge from previously-learned information, stored data, or events. Unlike reactive machines, limited memory learns from the past by observing actions or data fed to them to create experiential knowledge.
3. Theory of Mind: In this sort of AI decision-making ability adequate to the extent of the human mind, but by machines. while some machines currently exhibit humanlike capabilities like voice assistants, as an example, none are fully capable of holding conversations relative to human standards. One component of human conversation has the emotional capacity or sounding and behaving sort of a person would in standard conversations of conversation.
4. Self-Awareness: This AI involves machines that have human-level consciousness. this type of AI isn’t currently alive but would be considered the foremost advanced sort of AI known to man.
- Artificial intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Learning to learn Artificial Intelligence | An overview of Meta-Learning
- Difference between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning(ML) Transforming Endpoint Security?
- How Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Will Impact Global Industries in 2020?
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Business Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Learning Model Building in Scikit-learn : A Python Machine Learning Library
- How to Start Learning Machine Learning?
- Difference Between Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Need of Data Structures and Algorithms for Deep Learning and Machine Learning
- Azure Virtual Machine for Machine Learning
- ML | Types of Learning – Supervised Learning
- Artificial Intelligence | An Introduction
- Turing Test in Artificial Intelligence
- Chinese Room Argument in Artificial Intelligence
- Top 5 best Programming Languages for Artificial Intelligence field
- Introduction to Hill Climbing | Artificial Intelligence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.