Given n people standing in a circle where 1st is having sword, find the luckiest person in the circle, if from 1st soldier who is having a sword each have to kill the next soldier and handover the sword to next soldier, in turn the soldier will kill the adjacent soldier and handover the sword to next soldier such that one soldier remain in this war who is not killed by anyone.
Prerequisite : Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
Input : 5
Output : 3
N = 5
Soldier 1 2 3 4 5 (5 soldiers)
In first go 1 3 5 (remains) as 2 and 4 killed by 1 and 3.
In second go 3 as 5 killed 1 and 3rd kill 5 soldier 3 remains alive.
Input : 100
Output : 73
N = 10
Soldiers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (10 soldiers)
In first 1 3 5 7 9 as 2 4 6 8 10 were killed by 1 3 5 7 and 9.
In second 1 5 9 as 9 kill 1 and in turn 5 kill 9th soldier.
In third 5 5th soldiers remain alive
Approach : The idea is to use circular linked list. A circular linked list is made based on number of soldier N. As rule state you have to kill your adjacent soldier and handover the sword to the next soldier who in turn kill his adjacent soldier and handover sword to the next soldier. So in circular linked list the adjacent soldier are killed and the remaining soldier fights against each other in a circular way and a single soldier survive who is not killed by anyone.
- Lucky alive person in a circle | Set - 2
- Position of a person diametrically opposite on a circle
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Check if a circle lies inside another circle or not
- Equation of circle when three points on the circle are given
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Josephus problem | Set 1 (A O(n) Solution)
- Find Two Missing Numbers | Set 2 (XOR based solution)
- Reverse alternate K nodes in a Singly Linked List - Iterative Solution
- Draw circle in C graphics
- Number of rectangles in a circle of radius R
- Program to find Circumference of a Circle
- Find the other-end coordinates of diameter in a circle
- Area of a Circumscribed Circle of a Square
- Shortest distance between a point and a circle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : andrew1234