L&T-Nxt is a subsidiary company of Larson and Tubro Group. It mainly works in the field of AI and IoT.
Sit tight as my Interview Experience is a roller coaster. As in big organizations like L & T, it takes time and patience.
- Online Test(Aptitude) – 9 Nov 2020
- Technical Interview I – 3 Feb 2021
- Coding Test (Part of L&T-NxT) – 17 Feb 2021
- Technical Interview II – 22 Mar 2021
- Managerial Round – 24 Mar 2021
Online Test: It was a normal aptitude test with all basic Aptitude questions like time & speed, work proportions, etc, along with our Computer Science fundamental questions in OS, Networking & DBMS.
After the online aptitude test interview process of other branches continued…
Technical Interview I: After a long wait, in Feb, I got a call from HR that I have a technical Interview in two days.
- Tell me about yourself (It almost framed my interview)
- What is Binary Search
- What is the difference between Array and a linked list
- What were your projects and your role in it
- As I have a web dev project in Node JS- so they dive deep into the implementation of the database(No SQL as implemented)
- How did you implement authentication in your project
Coding Test: After a week I got a mail from my placement office is that our batch of CSE eligible candidates had been transferred from L & T Constructions to L&T-NxT (which was surely good news), and also we have a coding test in mid-Feb.
So the format of the Coding Test was(3 hrs time):
- Three levels- each contain 6 questions (Levels- easy, medium, hard)
- Solve any four out of six from each level
* I’m adding questions that I have done, can’t remember all of them
- Extract numbers’ sum from an 18 digit alphanumeric string input.
- Create a web to implement a simple calculator which also shows the history of calculations(History-Didn’t implemented)
- An array traversal problem.
* Question asked were pure web development and implementation based, I have picked my questions and solved them accordingly.
Technical Interview II
Questions (Interviewer was a Platform Developer):
- Tell me about yourself
- What are linear and non-linear data structures?
- Which data structure would you implement to store the data of a company? and why? (Union and structure dynamic implementation)
- Which concept are you using to define the schema of these data structures? (OOP)
- What are the basic concepts of Object-Oriented programming?
- Which concept would you choose to extract data from two tables? (Foreign Key & Joins- Discuss Both)
- What were your projects and your role in them? (Web Development and Data Schema Implementation role)
- He also asked about the concept I have used for text summarization in my NLP project.
Overall this interview round almost took 60+ minutes. These types of interviews are often enjoyable as they discuss all the CS fundamentals open-ended.
Questions(Interviewer was a Tech Lead ):
- What is the difference between C, C++ & Python?
- What is the difference between array and vector?
- What is a map and how it is implemented in C++?
- What are your hobbies? (Cricket and singing), then asked about which player do you like the most? (Virat Kohli)
- (Most important question according to me)- I think Virat Kohli plays for himself in the team, so would you also think about playing for yourself rather than playing for the team?
On 9 April (Exactly after 5 months of my aptitude test), I got an Offer Letter for GET(Graduate Engineer Trainee) from L&T- Nxt HR department.
* Good things take time to happen, the main point is you have to be 100% ready to grab that opportunity.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.