L&T- NxT Interview Experience for Graduate Engineer Trainee | On-Campus 2021
L&T-Nxt is a subsidiary company of Larson and Tubro Group. It mainly works in the field of AI and IoT.
Sit tight as my Interview Experience is a roller coaster. As in big organizations like L & T, it takes time and patience.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Online Test(Aptitude) – 9 Nov 2020
- Technical Interview I – 3 Feb 2021
- Coding Test (Part of L&T-NxT) – 17 Feb 2021
- Technical Interview II – 22 Mar 2021
- Managerial Round – 24 Mar 2021
Online Test: It was a normal aptitude test with all basic Aptitude questions like time & speed, work proportions, etc, along with our Computer Science fundamental questions in OS, Networking & DBMS.
After the online aptitude test interview process of other branches continued…
Technical Interview I: After a long wait, in Feb, I got a call from HR that I have a technical Interview in two days.
- Tell me about yourself (It almost framed my interview)
- What is Binary Search
- What is the difference between Array and a linked list
- What were your projects and your role in it
- As I have a web dev project in Node JS- so they dive deep into the implementation of the database(No SQL as implemented)
- How did you implement authentication in your project
Coding Test: After a week I got a mail from my placement office is that our batch of CSE eligible candidates had been transferred from L & T Constructions to L&T-NxT (which was surely good news), and also we have a coding test in mid-Feb.
So the format of the Coding Test was(3 hrs time):
- Three levels- each contain 6 questions (Levels- easy, medium, hard)
- Solve any four out of six from each level
* I’m adding questions that I have done, can’t remember all of them
- Extract numbers’ sum from an 18 digit alphanumeric string input.
- Create a web to implement a simple calculator which also shows the history of calculations(History-Didn’t implemented)
- An array traversal problem.
* Question asked were pure web development and implementation based, I have picked my questions and solved them accordingly.
Technical Interview II
Questions (Interviewer was a Platform Developer):
- Tell me about yourself
- What are linear and non-linear data structures?
- Which data structure would you implement to store the data of a company? and why? (Union and structure dynamic implementation)
- Which concept are you using to define the schema of these data structures? (OOP)
- What are the basic concepts of Object-Oriented programming?
- Which concept would you choose to extract data from two tables? (Foreign Key & Joins- Discuss Both)
- What were your projects and your role in them? (Web Development and Data Schema Implementation role)
- He also asked about the concept I have used for text summarization in my NLP project.
Overall this interview round almost took 60+ minutes. These types of interviews are often enjoyable as they discuss all the CS fundamentals open-ended.
Questions(Interviewer was a Tech Lead ):
- What is the difference between C, C++ & Python?
- What is the difference between array and vector?
- What is a map and how it is implemented in C++?
- What are your hobbies? (Cricket and singing), then asked about which player do you like the most? (Virat Kohli)
- (Most important question according to me)- I think Virat Kohli plays for himself in the team, so would you also think about playing for yourself rather than playing for the team?
On 9 April (Exactly after 5 months of my aptitude test), I got an Offer Letter for GET(Graduate Engineer Trainee) from L&T- Nxt HR department.
* Good things take time to happen, the main point is you have to be 100% ready to grab that opportunity.