LongStream reduce(LongBinaryOperator op) performs a reduction on the elements of this stream, using an associative accumulation function, and returns an OptionalLong describing the reduced value, if any.
A reduction operation or fold takes a sequence of input elements and combines them into a single summary result, such as finding the sum or maximum of a set of numbers. An operator or function op is associative if the following holds :
(a op b) op c == a op (b op c)
This is a terminal operation i.e, it may traverse the stream to produce a result or a side-effect. After the terminal operation is performed, the stream pipeline is considered consumed, and can no longer be used.
OptionalLong reduce(LongBinaryOperator op)
- OptionalLong : A container object which may or may not contain a long value. If a value is present, isPresent() will return true and getAsLong() will return the value.
- LongBinaryOperator : An operation upon two long-valued operands and producing a long-valued result.
- op : An associative, stateless function for combining two values.
Return Value : An OptionalLong describing the reduced value, if any.
Example 1 :
Example 2 :
- LongStream sum() in Java
- LongStream of() in Java
- LongStream range() in Java
- LongStream rangeClosed() in Java
- LongStream max() in Java with examples
- LongStream min() in Java with examples
- LongStream parallel() in Java
- LongStream iterator() in Java
- LongStream sequential() in Java
- LongStream findFirst() in Java
- LongStream concat() in Java
- LongStream summaryStatistics() in Java
- LongStream sorted() in Java
- LongStream skip() in Java
- LongStream limit() in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.