Given a string, the task is to return the length of its longest possible chunked palindrome. It means a palindrome formed by substring in the case when it is not formed by characters of the string. For better understanding look at the example
Input : ghiabcdefhelloadamhelloabcdefghi Output : 7 (ghi)(abcdef)(hello)(adam)(hello)(abcdef)(ghi) Input : merchant Output : 1 (merchant) Input : antaprezatepzapreanta Output : 11 (a)(nt)(a)(pre)(za)(tpe)(za)(pre)(a)(nt)(a) Input : geeksforgeeks Output : 3 (geeks)(for)(geeks)
The entire idea is to create chunks from left and right and recursively.
As you can see, we can match substring from left side chunck and match it with the exact right side chunk. Once we get a match, we recursively count the length of the longest possible chunked palindrome in the remaining string. We end the recursion once no string is left or when no more valid chunked parts can be found.
V : 1 VOLVO : 3 VOLVOV : 5 ghiabcdefhelloadamhelloabcdefghi : 7 ghiabcdefhelloadamhelloabcdefghik : 1 antaprezatepzapreanta : 11
Following is the C++ implementation with memoization for above problem.
This article is contributed by Aditya Nihal Kumar Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Longest double string from a Palindrome
- Length of the longest substring that do not contain any palindrome
- Longest palindrome subsequence with O(n) space
- Print longest palindrome word in a sentence
- Find longest palindrome formed by removing or shuffling chars from string
- Length of longest palindrome list in a linked list using O(1) extra space
- Sentence Palindrome (Palindrome after removing spaces, dots, .. etc)
- Count all palindrome which is square of a palindrome
- Nth Even length Palindrome
- N'th palindrome of K digits
- Palindrome Partitioning | DP-17
- Check if a number is Palindrome in PL/SQL
- Next smallest prime palindrome
- Smallest Palindrome after replacement
- Next word that does not contain a palindrome and has characters from first k