Given two integers n and m. Find the longest contiguous subset in binary representation of both the numbers and its decimal value.
Input : n = 10, m = 11 Output : 5 Explanation : Binary representation of 10 -> 1010 11 -> 1011 longest common substring in both is 101 and decimal value of 101 is 5
Input : n = 8, m = 16 Output : 8 Explanation : Binary representation of 8 -> 1000 16 -> 10000 longest common substring in both is 1000 and decimal value of 1000 is 8
Input : n = 0, m = 8 Output : 9 Explanation : Binary representation of 0 -> 0 8 -> 1000 longest common substring in both is 0 and decimal value of 0 is 0
We convert given numbers to their binary representations and store binary representations in two strings. Once we get strings, we find the longest common substring by trying all length substrings starting from maximum possible length.
longest common decimal value : 5
Optimizations to above approach:
The above solution can be optimized by methods discussed in below posts:
Dynamic Programming | Set 29 (Longest Common Substring)
This article is contributed by Mandeep Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Longest Common Substring | DP-29
- Print the longest common substring
- Longest Common Substring in an Array of Strings
- SequenceMatcher in Python for Longest Common Substring
- Longest Common Substring (Space optimized DP solution)
- Length of the Longest Consecutive 1s in Binary Representation
- Find longest sequence of 1's in binary representation with one flip
- Longest Common Prefix using Binary Search
- Longest substring with K unique characters using Binary Search
- Longest substring consisting of vowels using Binary Search
- Count numbers have all 1s together in binary representation
- 1 to n bit numbers with no consecutive 1s in binary representation.
- Check if two strings have a common substring
- Find the occurrence of the given binary pattern in the binary representation of the array elements
- Longest Common Subsequence | DP-4
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 1
- Longest substring of vowels
- Longest Non-palindromic substring
- Longest substring with count of 1s more than 0s
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 2