The _.differenceWith() method is similar to _.difference() method that returns the array containing the values that are in the first array not in the second array but in _.differenceWith() all the elements of the first array are compared with the second array by applying comparison provided in third. It may be a little complex to understand by reading this but it will become simple when you see the example.
_.differenceWith(array, [values], [comparator])
Parameters: This method accept three parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- array: This parameter holds the array that values are checked or inspect.
- values: This parameter holds the value that need to be removed.
- comparator: This parameter holds the comparison invoked per element.
Return Value: This method returns an array according to the condition explained above.
const _ = require('lodash') is used to import the lodash library into the file.
So, here each element of the first array is compared with each element of the second array according to the third comparator, in our case its _.isEqual. So, if the value becomes equal it removes it.
- Lodash _.method() Method
- Lodash _.sneq() Method
- Lodash _.toQuery() Method
- Lodash _.uniqWith() Method
- Lodash _.xorWith() Method
- Lodash | _.head() Method
- Lodash | _.remove() Method
- Lodash | _.pullAt() Method
- Lodash | _.pullAll() Method
- Lodash | _.pull() Method
- Lodash | _.nth() Method
- Lodash | _.takeRight() Method
- Lodash | _.take() Method
- Lodash | _.sortedLastIndex() Method
- Lodash | _.fromPairs() Method
- Lodash | _.castArray() Method
- Lodash | _.cloneDeep() Method
- Lodash | _.clone() Method
- Lodash | _.sampleSize() Method
- Lodash | _.find() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.