The adjustInto() method of LocalDate class in Java is used to adjusts the specified temporal object to have the same date as this object.
public Temporal adjustInto(Temporal temporal)
Parameter: This method accepts a single parameter temporal which is the target object to be adjusted, and not specifically null.
Return Value: It returns the adjusted object, not null.
Exceptions: The function throws two exceptions as described below:
- DateTimeException: the program throws this if it is unable to make the adjustment.
- ArithmeticException: the program throws this if there is a numeric overflow.
Below programs illustrate the adjustInto() method of LocalDate in Java:
Program 2: To illustrate Exception. The below program throws an exception as February is of 28 days and not 31 days.
2018-11-28T05:36:11.014Z[Etc/UTC] java.time.format.DateTimeParseException: Text '2015-02-31' could not be parsed: Invalid date 'FEBRUARY 31'
- Month adjustInto() method in Java
- Instant adjustInto() method in Java with Example
- ChronoLocalDateTime adjustInto() method in Java with Examples
- LocalTime adjustInto() method in Java with Examples
- MonthDay adjustInto() method in Java with Examples
- OffsetDateTime adjustInto() method in Java with examples
- DayOfWeek adjustInto() method in Java with Examples
- Year adjustInto() Method in Java with Examples
- ChronoLocalDate adjustInto() method in Java with Examples
- OffsetTime adjustInto() method in Java with examples
- ZoneOffset adjustInto(Temporal) method in Java with Examples
- LocalDate from() method in Java
- LocalDate now() Method in Java with Examples
- LocalDate plus() method in Java with Examples
- LocalDate compareTo() method in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.