Pandas is a very powerful and scalable tool for data analysis. It supports multiple file format as we might get the data in any format. Pandas also have support for excel file format.
We first need to import Pandas and load excel file, and then parse excel file sheets as a Pandas dataframe.
One can also read specific columns using ‘
usecols‘ parameter of
Name Percentage 0 Ankit 95 1 Rahul 90 2 Shaurya 85 3 Aishwarya 80 4 Priyanka 75
For more examples, refer https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/creating-a-dataframe-using-excel-files/
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to Convert HTML Table into Excel Spreadsheet using jQuery ?
- How to show Page Loading div until the page has finished loading?
- Exporting a Pandas DataFrame to an Excel file
- Combine Multiple Excel Worksheets Into a Single Pandas Dataframe
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.fillna() to replace Null values in dataframe
- Pandas Dataframe.to_numpy() - Convert dataframe to Numpy array
- Convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column on the dataframe
- How to Convert Wide Dataframe to Tidy Dataframe with Pandas stack()?
- Creating a dataframe using Excel files
- How to extract Time data from an Excel file column using Pandas?
- Convert CSV to Excel using Pandas in Python
- Working with excel files using Pandas
- How to Filter and save the data as new files in Excel with Python Pandas?
- Find the profit and loss in the given Excel sheet using Pandas
- Joining Excel Data from Multiple files using Python Pandas
- How to Create a Pivot table with multiple indexes from an excel sheet using Pandas in Python?
- How to import an excel file into Python using Pandas?
- How to sort date in excel using Pandas?
- How to extract Email column from Excel file and find out the type of mail using Pandas?
- How to import excel file and find a specific column using Pandas?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.