Let us see how can we use a dataset in JSON format in our Pandas DataFrame. This can be done using the built-in
read_json() function. It enables us to read the JSON in a Pandas DataFrame.
Example : Consider the JSON file path_to_json.json :
Now, the final data frame also depends on the type of the JSON file. So there are mainly 3 types of orientations in JSON :
- Index Oriented
- Column Oriented
1. Index Oriented
This is an example of an Index Oriented JSON file.
This is an example of a Value-Oriented JSON file.
3. Column Oriented
This is an example of a Column-oriented JSON file.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Difference Between json.load() and json.loads()
- How to convert pandas DataFrame into JSON in Python?
- Convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column on the dataframe
- json.load() in Python
- Exporting Pandas DataFrame to JSON File
- Python - Difference between json.dump() and json.dumps()
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.fillna() to replace Null values in dataframe
- Pandas Dataframe.to_numpy() - Convert dataframe to Numpy array
- How to Convert Wide Dataframe to Tidy Dataframe with Pandas stack()?
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
- Load CSV data into List and Dictionary using Python
- Split a text column into two columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Python | Convert list of nested dictionary into Pandas dataframe
- How to Convert Dataframe column into an index in Python-Pandas?
- How to Convert Pandas DataFrame into a List?
- How to convert pandas DataFrame into SQL in Python?
- Combine two Pandas series into a DataFrame
- Read SQL database table into a Pandas DataFrame using SQLAlchemy
- Split large Pandas Dataframe into list of smaller Dataframes
- Combine Multiple Excel Worksheets Into a Single Pandas Dataframe
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.