Lists are containers used in C++ to store data in a non contiguous fashion, Normally, Arrays and Vectors are contiguous in nature, therefore the insertion and deletion operations are costlier as compared to the insertion and deletion option in Lists.
This operator is used to assign new contents to the container by replacing the existing contents.
It also modifies the size according to the new contents.
listname1 = (listname2) Parameters : Another container of the same type. Result : Assign the contents of the container passed as parameter to the container written on left side of the operator.
Input : mylist1 = 1, 2, 3 mylist2 = 3, 2, 1, 4 mylist1 = mylist2; Output : mylist1 = 3, 2, 1, 4 Input : mylist1 = 2, 6, 1, 5 mylist2 = 3, 2 mylist1 = mylist2; Output : mylist1 = 3, 2
Errors and Exceptions
1. If the containers are of different types, an error is thrown.
2. It has a basic no exception throw guarantee otherwise.
mylist1 = 3 2 1 4
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- std::sort() in C++ STL
- Kruskal's Minimum Spanning Tree using STL in C++
- Dijkstra’s shortest path algorithm using set in STL
- Dijkstra's Shortest Path Algorithm using priority_queue of STL
- Prim's algorithm using priority_queue in STL
- unordered_map in C++ STL
- fill() and fill_n() functions in C++ STL
- std::transform() in C++ STL (Perform an operation on all elements)
- Count number of unique Triangles using STL | Set 1 (Using set)
- Permutations of a given string using STL
- Algorithm Library | C++ Magicians STL Algorithm
- Array algorithms in C++ STL (all_of, any_of, none_of, copy_n and iota)
- Iterators in C++ STL
- accumulate() and partial_sum() in C++ STL : numeric header
- std::partition in C++ STL
- Merge operations using STL in C++ | merge(), includes(), set_union(), set_intersection(), set_difference(), ., inplace_merge,
- Heap in C++ STL | make_heap(), push_heap(), pop_heap(), sort_heap(), is_heap, is_heap_until()
- numeric header in C++ STL | Set 2 (adjacent_difference(), inner_product() and iota())
- Counts of distinct consecutive sub-string of length two using C++ STL
- Graph implementation using STL for competitive programming | Set 1 (DFS of Unweighted and Undirected)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.