Lister Technologies Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Lister Technologies came to our campus in October 2021. They hired students under two positions, namely “Samurai programmer” and “Power programmer”. It was an internship cum full-time offer. The hiring process consisted of 4 rounds. Lister wanted to visit the campus and conduct the interview in person mode but all the processes were in virtual mode because of the restrictions. 283 students attended the first round.
Round 1: Aptitude and Technical MCQs + Coding
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
It consisted of aptitude and technical MCQs and 2 programming questions. It was an easy round. Basic knowledge in aptitude and technical part is enough to crack the MCQs. Programming questions were different for everyone(The difficulty level was EASY). The questions I got are:
- Weird numbers
- Counting on fingers
58 students were selected for the next round. We were asked to prepare an introduction ppt for ourselves and send it to them.
Round 2: Psychometric assessment
- It consists of scenario-based questions and we want to agree upon a situation over the other one. There were 80 questions that hardly took more than half an hour to complete. It was a non-elimination round.
Round 3: Technical + Managerial interview
The flow of the interview and everything we discussed is as given below :
- Introduce yourself
- Explain about your latest project and he asked questions about it
- Discussed the “Counting on fingers” problem that I did in the coding assessment and he made some changes to the question(Counting in 10 fingers instead of 5) for which my answer didn’t satisfy him.
- Scenario-based questions like “You want to install street lights in a given locality. How will you do it?” and “You want to convert an auditorium into some conference halls. How will you do it?”. For these questions, after hearing the approach, he added some more requirements to it like “If you want to reduce the cost of installation how will you do it?”
- Technical questions related to OOPS and DBMS(Basic knowledge in these will be sufficient)
- In the last question, he again asked me to count on 10 fingers and asked me to work it out. He gave me 5 minutes for it. I was able to answer the question correctly this time after working it out.
- Any questions for him.
The interviewer was friendly and helped me whenever I got stuck. The interview took about an hour.
Round 4: HR interview
HR round took place on the same day after 2 hours of the previous round. Everything we discussed is given below :
- Introduce yourself
- Explain any one of your projects.
- Asked me to explain about my ML project.
- Questions like “Your father is insisting you take up his business rather than going into the IT field. How will you convince him?” and “How did you handle this pandemic?”
- Some questions were asked which are difficult to handle. For example “Company A(product based), Company B(service-based with a higher salary than A), Company C(Service-based and also provide support for higher studies in reputed universities), and Company D(a normal service-based company with a salary lower than A). Among these 4 companies, what will you choose?” and the very next question was “A product offer or offer from Lister. What will you choose?”. Be honest while answering these types of questions.
The interview went on for about 45 minutes. The interviewer was friendly.8 students got selected and I was one of them.
- Be honest and bold
- Have good communication skills which is important for conveying what you think in your mind.
- Don’t say anything that you are not sure about.
- Stay positive and don’t lose hope.
All the best!