LinkedIn Interview Experience for Staff Software Engineer 2020
Status: Working in SFO as a Senior Staff/Principal Software Engineer.
Position: Staff Software Engineer.
Phone Interviews: Background/Staff Interview: (60 mins)
- 10 minutes – Brief introduction to the interviewer
- Leadership: The roles of SE and SSE and how to transition from SE to SSE, as well as conflict resolution with your peers
- Implementation: A few high-level SD questions. Components with a single monolithic application
- Craftsmanship: How did you fare? – challenges, as well as most proud work, etc.
- 5 minutes for any questions from the interviewee.
Technical Phone Screen: (60 mins)
5 mins – Quick intro on interviewer
- Question #1: In Reverse Polish Notation, calculate the value of an arithmetic expression.[https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/evaluate-the-value-of-an-arithmetic-expression-in-reverse-polish-notation-in-java/]
- Question #2: check for pair in a given array with sum as the given target. [https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/given-an-array-a-and-a-number-x-check-for-pair-in-a-with-sum-as-x/]
Follow up: same question is asked for three elements of the array sum.[just talk no implementation].
- Please follow up with examples from your own life for each question in the background round.
- Discuss all possible solutions to the problems and why you chose the one you implemented in the phone interview.
Host Manger Round: (60 mins)
Explained about his role. and asked some questions:
- How you are managing people. Hiring/firing?
- Daily life activities?
- How much you code daily, and what platform you are using for code?
- Web architecture as it stands today
- When do you involve your Manager?
- Some system design scenarios: How do we handle company merger scenarios? Scenarios of migration.
Coding + Algorithm: (60 mins)
- Minimum sum of product of two arrays. [https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/minimum-sum-product-two-arrays/].
- Print leaf nodes of a Binary Tree. [https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-leaf-nodes-left-right-binary-tree/]
Lunch Interview Round: (60 mins)
Feedback is recorded here.
- Graph of economics
- On ML Opportunities, I inquired about LinkedIn culture/framework.
- Which companies are you interviewing with?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the new companies?
Staff Craftsmanship: (60 mins)
Some questions were focused on:
- Review of the code
- The significance of a test suite.
- Is there a cost to code review?
- How did you teach your junior engineer about craftsmanship, give example?
- Ability to make decisions and lead by example.
- Choose between scalability, performance, and quality.
- Concentrate more on this because it is critical for Staff SE. Understanding SD will help but be prepared for anything.
- Before you begin coding, be prepared to explain the strategy/algorithm and reach an agreement on it.
Recruiter called after 2 days and said I was selected for the staff software engineer.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.