Linear Search Visualizer using PyQt5
In this article we will see how we can make a PyQt5 application which will visualize the linear search algorithm.
Linear search or sequential search is a method for finding an element within a list. It sequentially checks each element of the list until a match is found or the whole list has been searched.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
Gui implementation steps :
1. Create a list of label according to the given list of numbers
2. Set their text, border, color and geometry with the respective gap from each other
3. Each label height should be proportional to the value of each number
4. Create a start and pause push button to start the searching and pause the searching
5. Create a result label to show the searching status
Back end implementation steps :
1. Create label list corresponding to the given numbers
2. Create a variable to count the index and flag for searching
3. Add action to the push button their action should change the flag status i.e start action should make flag true and pause action should make flag false
4. Create a timer object which calls a method after every specific time
5. Inside the timer method check for the flag is flag is true begin the linear search algorithm
6. If label value if not equal make its color grey then check for next, if value got found make label color green and stop the search and show the output in the result label.
7. If the index counter becomes equal to the list length stop the search and show result as not found.
Below is the implementation